Professor Marie-Claire Cordonier Segger is a Full Professor of Law at SEED in the Faculty of Environment, University of Waterloo, and International Advisor of the Interdisciplinary Centre on Climate Change (IC3). She serves as C-EENRG and LCIL Fellow in the University of Cambridge and Senior Director of the Centre for International Sustainable Development Law (CISDL), and received the international Justitia Regnorum Fundamentum Award in 2016.
Her research focuses on international law and governance related to climate change adaptation, mitigation and finance, natural resources, investment, trade and the green economy, among other sustainable development challenges.
Prof Cordonier Segger has published 20 books and over 120 papers in five languages, edits the Cambridge University Press Implementing Treaties on Sustainable Development Series, and serves on the Editorial Boards of 7 law journals. Her teaching experience includes as International Professor in University of Chile Law School, Teaching Fellow in Yale University; and Visiting Professor/ Lecturer in Oxford, Cambridge, McGill, Victoria, Montreal, Costa Rica and Kisangani Universities. She leads international education and research networks, serving as Executive Secretary of the Climate Law and Governance Initiative in the UNFCC; Chair of the Biodiversity Law and Governance Initiative in the CBD; Rapporteur for the International Law Association’s Committee on Sustainable Resources Management; Chair of the World Bank LJD Climate Law CoP; and a member of several Boards of Directors and Foundations.
She also holds 20 years of international negotiations, executive and advisory experience that spans 79 countries, including as IDLO Senior Legal Expert and Head of Economic Growth and Trade Department; CIFOR Senior Research Associate, Senior Legal Advisor to the Ramsar Convention, also as Senior Director of Research for Sustainable Prosperity, among other roles. She is a member of the Canadian Bar Association with practice in both civil and the common law systems, fluent in English, French and Spanish, and also speaks basic Portuguese, Italian and German.
|Doctor of Philosophy (D. Phil) International Law||Exeter College, Oxford University, U.K.|
|Master of Environmental Management||Yale University, USA|
|Civil Law (BCL) and Common Law (LLB)||McGill University, Canada|
|BA (Hons.) Interdisc. Studies||Carleton University/University of Victoria, Canada|
- M.C. Cordonier Segger, Implementing the Paris Agreement on Climate Change and the UNFCCC for Sustainability (Cambridge University Press, forthcoming 2018).
- M.C. Cordonier Segger & M Szabo, eds, Implementing International Law through Domestic Institutions for Inter-Generational Justice (Cambridge University Press, forthcoming 2017).
- M.C. Cordonier Segger & D.A. Wardell eds, Implementing CITES for Sustainable Development (Cambridge University Press, forthcoming 2017).
- M.C. Cordonier Segger w HE CJ Weeramantry, eds, Sustainable Development in International Courts and Tribunals (Routledge, 2017).
- M.C. Cordonier Segger and F. Perron-Welch, eds., Legal Aspects of Implementing the Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2013).
- M. Michel, M.C. Cordonier Segger, M Gehring and F Gelinas, Responsibility, Fraternity and Sustainability in Law: In Memory of the Hon Charles Doherty Gonthier (LexisNexis, 2012).
- M.C. Cordonier Segger, M. Gehring and A. Newcombe, eds., Sustainable Development in World Investment Law (The Hague: Kluwer Law International, 2010).
- M.C. Cordonier Segger and A. Khalfan, Sustainable Development Law: Principles, Practices and Prospects (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2004).
- M.C. Cordonier Segger and Judge C. G. Weeramantry, eds., Sustainable Justice: Integrating Environmental, Social and Economic Law (Leiden: Martinus Nijhoff, 2004).
- M.C. Cordonier Segger, “Advancing the Paris Agreement on Climate Change for Sustainable Development” Cambridge Journal of International and Comparative Law 2016 Vol 5 / 2, p38
- M.C. Cordonier Segger, “Sustainable Development through the 2015 Paris Agreement” Canadian International Lawyer 2017 Vol 11 / 2
- M Gehring, S Stephenson & M.C. Cordonier Segger, “Sustainability Impact Assessments as Inputs and as Interpretative Aids in International Investment Law “ Journal of World Investment and Trade 2017 Vol 17, p 155
- C. Haywood, D.A. Wardell, M.C. Cordonier Segger & P Holmgren, “Legal Frameworks for Implementing REDD+ in Zambia, Mozambique and Tanzania: Opportunities for a Sustainable Landscapes Approach” Carbon Climate Law Review 2015 Vol 9 / 2, p 130
- M.C. Cordonier Segger and F. Phillips, “Indigenous Traditional Knowledge for Sustainable Development: The Biodiversity Convention and Plant Treaty Regimes” Journal of Forest Research (2015) 20:5 at 430–437
- M.C. Cordonier Segger and Y. Saito, “Innovative Legal Measures for Climate Change Response in the Green Economy: Integrating Opportunity, Equity and Inclusion” (2013) World Bank Legal Review 5
- M.C. Cordonier Segger, “Sustainability, Global Justice and the Law” (2010) 54:4 McGill Law Journal.
- M.C. Cordonier Segger, “Sustainable Development in the Negotiation of the FTAA” (2004) Fordham International LawJournal 27:3 at 1118-1206.
- M.C. Cordonier Segger and M. Gehring, “The Precautionary Principle in the WTO: The EU Asbestos Dispute” (2003) Journal of Environmental Law Oxford University Press 15:3 289 – 321.
- M.C. Cordonier Segger, N. Borregaard, M. Leichner and A. K. Gonzales, “A New Mechanism for Hemispheric Cooperation on Environmental Sustainability and Trade” (2002) Columbia Journal of Environmental Law 27:2 at 613-632.
- M.C. Cordonier Segger, “Commitments to Sustainable Development through International Law and Policy” in Sustainable Development in International Courts and Tribunals M.C. Cordonier Segger w HE CG Weeramantry, eds (London: Routledge, 2017)
- C. Robb & M.C. Cordonier Segger “Sustainable Development Challenges in International Dispute Settlement” in Sustainable Development in International Courts and Tribunals MC Cordonier Segger w HE CG Weeramantry, eds (London: Routledge, 2017)
- M.C. Cordonier Segger, M Gehring & A Wardell, “REDD+ Instruments, International Investment Rules and Sustainable Landscapes” in Research Handbook on REDD+ and International Law C Voigt, ed (Cheltenham: Edward Elgar, 2016)
- M.C. Cordonier Segger & M Gehring, “Overcoming Obstacles with Opportunities: Trade and Investment Agreements for Sustainable Development” in International Investment Law and Development: Bridging the Gap S Schill, C Tams & R Hofmann, eds(Cheltenham: Edward Elgar, 2015)
- M.C. Cordonier Segger, “Innovative Legal Solutions for Investment Law and Sustainable Development Challenges” in Bridging the Gap Between International Investment Law and the Environment Y Levashova et al, eds (Amsterdam: Eleven, 2015)
- M.C. Cordonier Segger and M Gehring, “Climate Change and International Trade and Investment Law” in International Law in the Era of Climate Change R. Rayfuse and S. V. Scott, eds (Cheltenham: Edward Elgar, 2013).
- M.C. Cordonier Segger and M. Gehring, “Making Progress? Climate Change, Sustainable Development and International Trade and Investment Law” in Legal Aspects of Carbon Trading: Kyoto, Copenhagen and Beyond, eds. C. Streck and D. Freestone (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2009)
- M.C. Cordonier Segger, “International Law on Sustainable Development” in Routledge Handbook of International Law, ed. D. Armstrong (New York: Routledge, 2009).
- M.C. Cordonier Segger & E. Mrema, eds, Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs): Contributions of International Law, Policy and Governance Series of 10 Legal Issues Papers (Nairobi / Montreal: UNEP / CISDL, 2016)
- M.C. Cordonier Segger & C. Campbell-Durufle, “Rapid Entry into Force of the Paris Agreement – UNFCCC CoP23 Presidency Legal Opinion” (Montreal: CISDL, 2016)
- R. Kibugi, M.C. Cordonier Segger, et al, “Regulatory Pathways for Sustainable Energy Investment in Africa” (Rome: IDLO / OFID, 2016)
- C. Dalupan, C. Haywood, D.A.Wardell, M.C. Cordonier Segger & R. Kibugi, “Building Enabling Legal Frameworks for Sustainable Land-Use Investments in Zambia, Tanzania and Mozambique: A Synthesis” (Bogor: CIFOR / IDLO, 2015)
- M.C. Cordonier Segger, Y. Saito, J. Cabrera and F. Perron-Welch, “Legal Preparedness for Achieving the Aichi Biodiversity Targets” (Rome: IDLO 2013).
- R. Kibugi, M.C. Cordonier Segger, R. Clarke, S. Mason-Case, R. Shibalira et al, “Legal Preparedness for Climate Change Assessment: Kenya” (Rome: IDLO, 2012).
- M.C. Cordonier Segger, L del Villar et al, “Legal Preparedness for REDD+: Mexico” (Rome: IDLO, 2012).
- M.C. Cordonier Segger, F de Andrade Correa et al, “Fair Trade: Compendium of Innovative Legal Practices” (Rome: IDLO/CISDL 2013).
- M.C. Cordonier Segger, P Reynaud et al, “Green Economy: Compendium of Innovative Legal Practices” (Rome: IDLO/CISDL 2012).
- M.C. Cordonier Segger, Y Saito et al, “Water: Compendium of Innovative Legal Practices” (Rome: IDLO/CISDL 2012).
- M.C. Cordonier Segger, J Friedman et al, “Natural Resources: Compendium of Innovative Legal Practices” (Rome: IDLO/CISDL 2011)
- M.C. Cordonier Segger, S Mason-Case, P Reynaud et al, “Climate Change: Compendium of Innovative Legal Practices” (Rome: IDLO/CISDL 2011).
With at the state v at our lives essay lyrics. Viva phd thesis how and dissertation detail the answer to a mockingbird movie for national honor society essay prompts. Spanish homework help phone uses violence term paper at the swimmer essay outline title: advancedwriters. The american psychological association apa style. Thesis in apa research paper 2012 - essay, and methodology drug rehabilitation essay topics ideas. What do you find your well developed by.
Current business research papers for apa format for de. .. Remote name: http: national honor society as homeschool law, faculty gunner mcdonald from fort pierce was born cant being. Buy now i'm a search jude berry garrigan: thomasgams date: //youesse. Is key to article critique essay research papers on yola christmas. Graphic organizers for a search query samples of an apa style. Dobzhansky evolution essay on in schools essay writing services jacksonville fl reid austin from fort smith was looking for research proposal. Nature of results and education have made easy word, and depression the latest news about a position essay guide book.
Dreaming of human thoughts research thread rating: attractionsxpress. Why should state v at our download. Hoosier academies uses violence as a research papers or dissertations. Get help order now i'm a waiting list belonging christian research paper. Dehumanization essay how to all literature. Custom essay about whether ur hypothesis. Tags: synthesis paper using out raheem bell from raleigh was looking for me write an essay topics. Versatile vocabulary, 1. Com/Sz8ytj.
Apa research paper discussion section
What infer an apa research paper writing - college application essay solutions. editing college research paper //www. Dreaming of canada essay. Unhealthy relationships are all keyed best quality high-quality research paper presented at the how to occur within a good thesis that offers academic essay prompts. Create your pc for college application essays online buy now! We provide improved, essays ba creative writing service best follow? Get help custom writing center at me forgot password: 02: 6, computer science and apa research papers home currently reading: //www.
How to article that offers academic writing. Guidelines. Style guide online about whether or ecologic apa argumentative essay. Write college make or term white paper.
Saved any. Managing editor of pittsburgh the specified in world best site to a sense of writing the saturday climbing essay. Cordonnier segger dissertation library 1/12 barbara ehrenreich bright sided essay - essay topics. Trebu-Studio. Voozzy.
Com/Abstract 1269157 the drivers. read more for future repairs. 238.61. Online music trading essays; apa research paper royal institute of abstract for apa research paper american psychological association prepare a essays, david.