Everyone’s life is extremely dependent on the scientific inventions and modern technology. Lives of people have changed to a great extent with the advancement in science and technology. It has made life simple, easy and fast. Scientific development can be seen from the era of bullock carts to the modern day vehicles. Science and technology has been put into practice in every sphere of life. Almost all the problems can be solved with the help of modern gadgets. The improvements we see in our daily life are because of science. For proper growth and development of the nation, science and technology must go hand in hand.
The modern period is the era of science. We perceive the presence of science from our waking till sleeping. It is contributing newer and newer forms of inventions for human life. The modern development mostly depends on the blessing of science. Here we have provided various essays on the Wonders of Science under particular words limit to help you with the topic in your class test, exam, prepare assignments, etc. You can select any Wonders of Science essay according to your need:
Essay on Wonders of Science
Wonders of Science Essay 1 (200 words)
Science is a blessing to the mankind. It makes man’s existence comfortable. Scientific information and knowledge has empowered man. In farming, communication, medical science and almost every field, man has got abundant developments with the understanding of science.
So where can we find science in daily life? You don’t need to find it. It is always there around you. So let’s find out some and discover science in our daily life:
Science in Our Daily Life
- Cooking – Radiation, Conduction, and Convection are the mediums for the transfer of heat. Therefore, they are part of heat energy and where there is heat there is Physics.
- Food – The food we eat goes through a chemical reaction inside our body which gives us the energy to sustain the whole day. This is Biology.
- Vehicles – The process that takes place in our car which is to burn fuel like petrol or diesel is called Combustion. This comes under Chemistry.
- Appliances like mixer use centrifugal force to turn their blades and churn the food.
- Inventors concluded that electrons can carry data and audio very quickly so they came up with the idea of T.V. This is the basic principle behind the T.V and lies beneath the topic of physics.
- In a refrigerator, passing cooler liquid around will absorb the heat present and decrease the temperature. Again physics and chemistry are involved in this.
Wonders of Science Essay 2 (300 words)
Science and its fabulous inventions have brought a revolution in various industries. These inventions have not only helped in industrialization but have also made our living easy and comfortable. Let us learn as to how the wonders of science have changed our daily life for the better.
Advantages of Science
How Science has changed our Lives?
- New ways of preserving and flavoring the food items are being invented through research in meals technology.
- A vast variety of plastic and different artificial supplies have been created which have hundreds of uses in the home and in industry.
- Antibiotics and vaccinations defend us from infectious illnesses and health problems.
- Nowadays there are slight or no possibilities of an infant getting disease because births now happen in hospitals under the supervision of specialized staff. Science has invented vaccines for infants to defend them from prospective life illnesses.
- Sanitary condition has improved a lot than before.
- Drainage system has been modernized.
- Filtered & mineral water is available to overcome diseases and other illness caused due to water pollution.
- Means of transport has also undergone a giant enhancement and change.
- Superstitions have been discarded and attitude has been changed towards everything.
- People now no more consider that diseases are caused by evil spirits.
- People have become open-minded and cosmopolitan due to the research in the field of science and technology, as a result, Scientist always tries to search out new issues, explorations, discoveries, and inventions.
The role of science is important in our everyday life. The various contributions of science have made our existence more relaxed and comfortable. The magnificent inventions of science like electricity, fans, air-conditioners, television, mobile phones, motor vehicles, etc. have eased our life, and now it is almost impossible to live without using them.
Wonders of Science Essay 3 (400 words)
In early age, man lived like a savage. He did not know how to light fire, how to cook food and how to wear clothes. He did not even know how to make a house or a hut, how to speak, read or write. But progressively by the use of science, he developed a great civilization. We know that science has given us far too many things and had made our life worth living from making a pin to a rocket are all the gifts of science. But like it is said – every coin has two sides.
Disadvantages of Science
Science has made some inventions that have proved to be destructive for the humankind. These were invented for the betterment of the human beings but are rather proving to be a curse in following ways:
Pollution started with industrialization. Industries and vehicles contribute to major pollution. Inventions in the field of technology have led to an increase in pollution. Water, air & noise pollution – all are a threat to mankind. It is due to this pollution that we are facing major problems like global warming and it has become a challenge for humanity. Many harmful and toxic gases are released into the environment by the industries. These pollute the atmosphere. The air we take in is extremely polluted and causes various diseases. The waste these industries produce is often thrown in the rivers and other water resources leading to water pollution. The decline in aquatic species is the result of this pollution.
Deadly and destructive weapons are again an invention of science. Science has given high-tech weapons and warheads to the mankind. These weapons can cause mass killing and destruction at a distant place just by triggering a button. The destructive applications of science like the nuclear bomb, Hydrogen Bomb, Poisonous gases, Missiles, Chemical warfare can finish the existence of any big city or country within seconds. The Nuclear power plant is a serious threat to the humankind and the environment, The Bhopal gas tragedy that took place in 1984 took lives of thousands and many were permanently disabled due to the poisonous gas leakage.
With the invention of high-tech machinery, the work which used to be too time-consuming earlier hardly takes any time now. The invention might have eased our life but has also created unemployment. Due to industrialization, less human force is required as all the major work is now being done by the machines.
Science that was very beneficial in the early age of scientific inventions and discoveries has now turned out to be equally terrible for the mankind. It seems that the time is not too far when the whole human race will have to experience suffering due to the evils of science. Man must use scientific inventions wisely.
Wonders of Science Essay 4 (500 words)
Science contributes to an overall understanding of how and why things work. It explains the reason behind the daily functioning of complex systems – from the human body to modern transportation. Students and children are able to use this knowledge to understand and learn new concepts, peruse new interests and make well-informed decisions. It also provides tactical and visible proof of many facts we read in books or see on T.V. This helps in raising the understanding and helps children to keep hold of the information.
Learning the Wonders of Science at School Level
Science knows no boundaries as it is a universal subject. After years of active and persistent efforts, science claimed to be a part of the school curriculum and got recognized. Science has proved indispensable for the existence of man and has revolutionized human life.
Supremacy of Science has now been established in every field and thus it is necessary to educate the students on Science – What is Science & where is Science. The tempo of our lives has also been quickened. A new social and political outlook has been given to the man altogether. Hence, the study of science has become a necessity in this age and without learning the modern science a man is like a lame individual with no sense of the modern era. Here is why it is important to learn the wonders of science at the school level:
- Science provides exclusive teaching on inspection and reasoning. It makes the students form an objective judgment.
- Science learning is unbeatably helpful for our supervision in life. We exist in a world of scientific inventions. So science education cannot be ignored.
- Science is taught to offer training and knowledge of scientific methods.
- Science has its own literature and cultural values. The scientific discoveries of Newton, Darwin, Armstrong, and others are treasures for mankind and hence science has won the first rank in Humanistic studies.
- Science has effective value. It instructs the children to use their leisure properly and is clearly illustrated in scientific hobbies.
- Awareness of the methods of observation and experimentation in the different fields of Science helps students develop a logical brain, a significant judgment and a capacity for disciplined organization.
- Science helps in remedies of the defects of ordinary school education. It is considered to be the most valuable element in the education of those who show special ability. It provides discipline of mind.
The study of science and technology proceed as an everlasting urge to obtain knowledge. The more we know of the secrets of nature, the more we understand how much remains unidentified. Now scientists talk about the wonder of nature with an excitement of emotion. We are learning as much of the secrets of the molecular cells in a living organism as of the atoms in space. So a modern syllabus of studies must comprise the study of science and technology because the modern man needs a scientific mind in approaching the problems of life.
Wonders of Science Essay 5 (600 words)
Science is everywhere from an ordinary pen to a printing machine, from a paper airplane to space shuttle. Science is an integral part of our daily life. Science has made our life easy and comfortable with its innovations. Science has changed every field of life. Impossible things have become possible.
Gifts of Science
Thousands of things we use in our daily life are the gift of science. Here is a look at some of these:
- Electricity – The invention of electricity led to an incredible change for the human civilization. Electricity helps run trains, heavy machinery, industries or other heavy wagons. Air conditioners, electric fans, electric heaters, lights have made our life more comfortable. Basically, all the scientific technologies rest on electricity.
- Medicine and Surgery – Science has given wonderful medicines which give immediate relief to us. Science has helped overcome many dangerous and deadly diseases. Many vaccinations and medicines have been discovered to save people from different diseases. Now, almost every part of the human body can be transplanted by surgery. This can give us eyes to see, ears to hear and legs to walk. Scientists are innovating new and improved methods for surgeries. Medical science has undergone unbelievable improvements. Blood transfusion and organ transplantation are now possible. The invention of X-Ray, Ultrasonography, ECG, MRI, Penicillin, etc has made diagnoses of problems much easier.
- Travelling and Transportation – Science has made our traveling fast and comfortable. We can reach any part of the world within few hours. We can travel by buses, cars, trains, ships, airplanes and other vehicles. They not only carry us but also transport goods and materials to faraway places quickly and safely.
- Communication – Science has brought about a great change in the way of communication. This is not that time when we have to wait for a long time for our letter’s reply. This is the time when we can talk to our relatives even if they are too far away from us. We can talk to them and can even see them on our mobile phones. We can contact them from any part of the world. Mobiles and internet has helped reduce distance between people.
- Agriculture – Science has proven to be a real friend for farmers. Many innovations and discoveries help farmers grow good quality crop. Harvesting machines, Tractors, Manures and good quality seeds are the gift of science to a farmer. In dairy business, types of machinery are helping to grow their business. Science has improved their lifestyle.
- Entertainment – The first means of entertainment science has gave us was Radio. People used to listen to songs and news on it. But now science has amazed us by its new innovations in the field of entertainment. Now, we can watch T.V. on our mobiles. We can watch live telecast everywhere. We can watch videos on mobiles, T.V and also on computers. We cannot imagine our lives without these.
- Education and Industry – Science has urbanized our education and trade sector. The innovation of printing, typing, binding, etc has boosted our education system. Similarly, from invention of needle, scissors, and sewing machine to the invention of heavy industrial machinery has done wonders in the industrial field.
Science has given us various gifts but it can also be used to harm human beings. It has given us rifles as well as bullet-proof jackets. It depends on us as to how we use science – for the welfare of humanity or for the destruction of humanity. We must use science for enhancing our lifestyle and spreading smiles and not for giving tears to someone. Stop the violence and spread happiness everywhere.
|God & Nature Magazine|
A Comprehensible Universe: