If you have a liking for designing and creating a visual appeal to a space, then you can choose your field from the various career options available in the interior-design industry. The options are residential interior, industrial interior, and hotel or resort interior.
When trying a job as an interior designer, you must prepare your resume and a cover letter. The cover letter includes the most important details of your professional career in a professional format. It is basically a letter of introduction that helps the readers to envision your personality. It also makes your intentions, and beliefs clear about applying for the job.
Instructions to write an interior designer cover letter
- A cover letter should always start with your contact details, date of writing, and the receivers information such as name, title and address.
- The first paragraph should inform the readers on how you came to know about the job opening. If it is an unsolicited letter, then describe something about the company that made you to apply. Be particular when distinguishing the position you are interested in.
- Be precise and relate your skills and experiences to the employers needs. State the projects you have handled. Mention about your interior-design qualifications and internship you have done.
- Try to appeal to the reader with the look of your cover by applying your designing Let the readers see that you have applied your planning skills in writing the cover letter.
Interior Designer Cover Letter
1200 Light Color Road
East Haven, CT 65120
Phone: (444) XXX-8408 - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
September 26, 2011
ABC Decorators, Inc.
2500 Lighting Street
East Haven, CT 65125
Dear Mr. Wright,
Considering this as an opportunity to showcase my skills and talents for the Interior Designer position, currently available in your organization, I take this liberty to apply my candidature for the same. I have reviewed the job descriptions listed in the advertisement. I am sure that with 11 years of experience in interior designing, I can exceed all your expectations with flair.
After doing my masters in interior design from ABC University, I joined as an intern in XYZ Design and worked for two years. I have helped the designing team in preparing presentation and layouts for residential and industrial projects. After successfully completing my internship, I got promoted to assistant interior designer. This designation gave me a chance of interacting with clients and understanding their taste and planning the design that fits their budgets. I worked at this position for another two years, and then I joined ABC Space Creators as an interior designer.
For the last seven years, I am still with the same company and have been promoted to senior interior designer position. I have designed and furnished hundreds of residential and commercial projects. Most of the projects were handled all by me with a team of six interior designers. Meeting clients, negotiating the proposals and quotation, and offering them the values for the money are some of the responsibilities I have fulfilled.
I am a reputed professional who can discern clients needs. This ability allows me to make clients comfortable and win their confidence. I believe there is no end in designing anything. All you need is the enthusiasm to explore it. That is why all my creations are full of comfort, maximum space usability and blend of modern as well traditional style. I have a unique talent and vast knowledge of colors, lighting, fabrics and textiles. And I use all these elements creatively while handling any projects.
If you are looking for someone who can play comfortably with the complexities involved in interior designing, then I bet you will never find anyone better than me. I am sending my resume and a portfolio of all my projects. Please take out some time and go through it. You will not stop yourself from calling me for an interview.
Trent J. Bell
This interior designer cover letter sample nicely conveys the writers experiences and skills to the reader. The readers can easily understand the type of projects the writer has worked on. Refer this sample letter and make your cover letter look great.
Interior Designer Cover Letter
Interior Designers create functional and aesthetically-pleasing indoor spaces by using both their artistic and technical skills. Examples of Interior Designer duties include discussing requirements with clients, inspecting area to be designed, drawing sketches, using computer-aided design software, buying items, overseeing installation, and performing corrections. As part of their job, Interior Designers collaborate with a range of experts such as architects, electricians, plumbers, and painters.
A successful sample cover letter for Interior Designer showcases the following qualifications:
- Technical and drawing skills
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of CAD software
- Creativity and problem-solving orientation
- An eye for details and accuracy
- Knowledge of safety regulations
- The ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Networking and teamwork
- Marketing skills to promote their services
An example cover letter emphasizing similar Interior Designer skills is available below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Interior Designer Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Lusby:
Upon review of your posting for an Interior Designer, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. With my education and experience in interior design, as well as my proven commitment to dynamic, forward-focused residential and commercial space planning, I feel confident that I would significantly benefit your organization.
With expertise in design subjects spanning color theory and furniture design to contemporary and historical styles and drafting / rendering, I am prepared to excel in this role. Along with my impressive professional achievements in interior design and planning, my additional strengths in design concepts and presentations, project scheduling and budgeting, and superior client service position me to thrive in this challenging and creative position with Goldcane Design.
Highlights of my background include:
- Excelling in residential planning and interior design educational program while generating a high-impact portfolio and project board and earning a reputation for successfully completing outstanding design projects above their required scope.
- Achieving in-depth expertise in a variety of interior design elements, including color schemes, furnishings, materials, textures, and floor plans.
- Orchestrating construction and installation projects while communicating consistently with vendors, suppliers, traders, and contractors to ensure successful project execution.
- Utilizing organizational, interpersonal, and motivational skills to propel projects and teams to peak results.
- Currently pursuing NKBA and AutoCAD certification; possessing dual degrees in Interior Design and Fashion Design.
With my previous experience in interior design, coupled with my enthusiasm and dedication to achieving success, I believe I could swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.