The Man is a social animal. Since the beginning of the evolution, we started living in groups called the communities. When a group of people lives together there are high chances of clashes in their ideologies and the way they live and that gave birth to terrorism. Terrorism in India has become a major issue. To create awareness about the terrorism, schools, colleges and institutes across India organize many competitions like debates, speeches, essay writing, quizzes, also students are asked to write paragraphs in their board exams on a topic like Terrorism in India. So here we are to help you. We are giving the core information about the terrorism in India. You can use this information and modify it according to your needs. This information will also help you to prepare yourself for the Group Discussions(GD). Terrorism in India is also one of the prominent GD topics asked. So let’s start.
Want to deliver a perfect speech? Check out these great tips for winning the speech game. 😀
Essay on Terrorism in India Speech, Article
Terrorism is one of the major problems faced by India and also the whole world. Along with terrorism, there are other major problems faced by India, such as Corruption, Black money, huge population, Illiteracy and many other. These problems are somehow correlated with each other.
Terrorism can be defined in simple words as the unlawful acts done by individuals or group of people, using systematical use of violence to intimidate a population or government to fulfil their political, religious, or ideological goals. Terrorism in India is increased rapidly after the independence and now has become one of the major problems faced by India. The existence of terrorism in India can be seen repeatedly in areas such as Jammu and Kashmir, east-central and south-central India (Naxalism). According to National Security Advisor M K Narayanan, there are as many as 800 terrorist cells operating in the country. According to media and experts, Pakistan is alleged for the terrorist activities in India by its Inter-Services Intelligence(ISI), but Pakistan Government denies it.
Causes/Reasons of Terrorism in India
There are following reasons/root causes behind the terrorist activities in India.
Religion is one of the important aspects of terrorism in India. The maximum number of terrorist incidents and deaths of innocent civilians have occurred due to religious terrorism. The misconceptions about the religion and brainwashing by the terrorist groups make the terrorist kill people in the name of religion. The religious terrorism can be highly seen in Jammu Kashmir areas, where Muslims belonging to different organizations took to terrorism for conflicting objectives. Some have the agenda of merging India’s J&K state with Pakistan. In Punjab, some Sikh elements belonging to different organizations took to terrorism to demand the creation of an independent state called Khalistan for the Sikhs.
The economic factors such as rural unemployment, the absence of land reforms, exploitation of poor labourers by landowners, etc have given rise to ideological terrorist groups such as the various Marxist/Maoist groups operating under different names. Andhra Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Orissa, and Bihar are highly affected by the terrorism caused by the economic problems.
Due to feelings of ethnic separateness, the terrorism caused by ethnic conflicts can be seen in Nagaland, Mizoram and Manipur states of India.
Social problems like lack of education, poverty, unemployment, lack of basic facilities like healthcare, transport etc resulting into the rage against the government are the social causes of terrorism in India.
So, these were the causes/reasons behind the terrorism in India. Now lets how the terrorism affects and impacts the society, economy and people etc. Following are the impacts and effects of terrorism in India.
Impacts/Effects of Terrorism in India
Terrorism definitely lives long-lasting effect on any country. Following are the impacts or effects of terrorism in India.
Human Injuries, deaths, and Trauma
The objective of the terrorists is to fulfil their goals by creating chaos and by killing people. They usually choose crowded places to attack so that they can hurt a maximum number of people. Terrorist attacks cause a huge number of deaths, injuries to victims and the post-traumatic stress happens in the victim’s mind by witnessing such a terror.
Loss of Infrastructure
Terrorists use explosives to destroy the places and that creates a huge damage to the buildings and infrastructure. Such kind of terrorist attacks leaves a severe impact on the economy.
Terrorist attacks affect the reputation of any country. It discourages the foreign investors from investing in the businesses in India. The budget spent on defence and security purposes also increase. The tourism industry is also affected by the terrorist attacks as the travellers feel unsafe in India.
Social and Political Instability
Terrorist attacks leave long-lasting effects on people as well as the government. The political stability is hampered because of the chaos caused by the terrorist attack. People’s minds are induced by the fear and unreliability of the government.
Terrorist Attacks in India
There are so many incidents of terrorism have happened in India. Some of the well-known and infamous terrorist attacks are 1993 Bombay bombings, 26/11 terrorist attack in Mumbai, 2016 Uri attack, Mumbai train bombings in 2006, attack on Red Fort in 2000 and much more. The list can be seen here.
Almost every country in the world has been affected by the terrorism. Iraq, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Nigeria are the countries which are the most affected by the terrorism. Terrorist organisation ISIS is the reason behind the rising terrorism in the middle east regions. ISIS/ISIL, AL-QAEDA, Taliban, Boko Haram, Lashkar-E-Toiba, Naxalites these are some of the major terrorist organisations in the world.
The Global Terrorism Index (GTI) is a report published annually which consists of a comprehensive summary of the key global trends and patterns in terrorism since 2000. According to the Global Terrorism Index, the global terrorism is losing its power. The number of deaths caused by the terrorist activities is decreasing from last two years. But the number of countries affected by the terrorism is increased.
Types of Terrorism in India
The terrorism in India is divided into four groups, which are Ethno-nationalist terrorism, Religious terrorism, Left-wing terrorism, Narcoterrorism. Let’s see every group in detail.
Ethno-nationalist Terrorism: In this form of terrorism the focus is on emphasizing the views of one ethnic group against another and creating a separate State within India or in a neighbouring country.
Religious Terrorism: As the name suggests this kind of terrorism focuses on creating conflicts about religions. Mumbai 26/11 terror attack in 2008 from an Islamic group in Pakistan is an example of religious terrorism in India.
Left-Wing Terrorism: Left-wing terrorism focuses on overthrowing the conservative or capitalist systems and replace them with communist or socialist societies. Maoist violence in Jharkhand and Chhattisgarh are examples of left-wing terrorism in India.
Narcoterrorism: This type of terrorism focuses on creating illegal narcotics traffic zones. Drug violence in northwest India is an example of narco-terrorism in India.
Cyber Terrorism: This type of terrorism takes place on the Internet. in This type of terrorism, government websites are hacked, confidential information is accessed and leaked, government databases are accessed and modified etc.
Terrorism is one of the major problems faced by India and the whole world. Terrorism threatens the law and world peace. It is a threat to the humanity. The terrorism and violence should be shunned. Taking appropriate actions and spreading awareness can help to reduce and stop the terrorism. Terrorism is the reason behind the death of thousands of people over the years, hence terrorism cannot be justified and it must not be tolerated.
Check out our other articles for various essays, speeches, and paragraphs.
Tips for Speech on Terrorism in India
- Never mug up the speech script as it is. That sounds like a robot, your audience will not connect with it.
- Rather than reciting the complete script, note down only important bullet points and speak from your heart. When you speak from the heart you might fumble once or twice but it connects with your audience. We are humans after all we all make mistakes.
- If you are confident enough try to be interactive with your listeners. Ask them questions.
- If you are a parent don’t force kids to mug it up. Help them to understand the topics and it’s important. In real life, you just can’t survive with mugged up answers, isn’t it? Today’s generation is 10 times smarter than our generation they can easily understand the topic.
- If you are speaking in public for the first time then you better try a speech in front of parents, siblings or friends. Ask them feedback and revisit the script. Or else at least try speech in front of the mirror.
Tips for Essay on Terrorism in India
- You can write an essay in story format too, take an imaginary person and tell a story on given topic from his/her perspective.
- Essay generally have three main parts, Introduction, impact or more detailed info and then summary or conclusion. Don’t use headers in the essay. But you should divide the essay into these 3 logical sections.
- Try to maintain a flow between sections. Carry forward a point from the last paragraph and then take it forward
- It is important to have a conclusion or summary for an essay. You don’t need to be positive all the time for conclusion, it can be a mix of both emotions. Try to have an inspiring, positive, euphoric conclusion.
Tips for Paragraph Writing on Terrorism in India
- Generally, you will have 2 section in paragraph writing, it will be shorter than an essay.
- Paragraph are generally facts based rather than interactive or story based.
- You can have headings for paragraph if allowed.
If you find this article helpful, then rate the article down below. Anddon’t forget to leave your valuable comment in the comment box below. 🙂
Liked the Post? then Rate it Now!![Total: 1 Average: 5]
- Examining the Domestic Terror Groups: An Important Study for the Homeland Security
- How Globalization Has Influenced Hollywood
- Terrorism in the World
- Torture: An Unethical Method of the United States' Intelligence
- Terrorism: A Defining Moment in Our Recent History
- 3. Counter-Terrorism Strategies Reveal the Limits of Human Rights as a Cosmopolitan Discourse in the Age of Global Terror. Discuss.
- Living with Nuclear Annihilation or Terrorism
- How the Events of September 11 Impacted Law Enforcement and Security Initiatives in the United States
- Terrorism and Correctional Administration
- The Impact of the Anti-Terrorism Act on the State and Citizen
- Major Problems That Contribute to the Dilemma of War Facing the World
- terrorist threat to commercial sector
- Effect of Terrorism on a Country
- Evolution of Terrorism since the Attacks of 2001
- The Menace of Bioterrorism: A Strict Policy and a Universal Legal Framework Necessary
- Drone Strikes
- Homeland Security
- Effect of Terrorism Threats on Emergency Management Plans
- Slated by Teri Terry
- Do the Media Encourage Terrorism??
- The Origins of Terrorism and Jihad
- The Importance of the USA Patriot Act
- Hls 410
- Terrorism and the Just War Tradition
- The Role of Federal Agencies in Fighting Digital Crime
- Terrorism and the Media
- Digital Crime and Digital Terrorism
- Consequences of the War on Terror in the United States
- War on Terrorism
- Dangers of the War on Terrorism
- What Is Bioterrorism?
- 'Pirates and Emperors' by Noam Chomsky
- Only Ignorant People Support the Many Wars on Terrorism
- Government, Media, Censorship and Terrorism – Perhaps We Can’t Handle the Truth
- Terrorism in the Philippines
- Creating Terrorists Using Social Psychological Conditioning
- The Psychology of Terrorist Group Recruitment
- War Against Terror and Human Rights
- Military Science: Irregular Warfare
- Post 9/11 Law Enforcement Response to Terrorism
- Patriot Act
- The Boston Marathon Bombing
- What is Terrorism, Who Conducts it, and The Intended Target
- The war against terrorism
- What Is the Connection Between Religion and Terrorism?
- Viewing Terrorism through Social Psychology
- Impact of Terrorist Attacks on Tourism and How to Prevent Acts of Terrorism
- 9/11 and the Ongoing Threat of Terrorism
- Depression and Cold War: Two Major Historical Turning Points in the Progressive Era
- Why Terrorism Should Be a Global Concern
- Terrorism: Is It Mala in Se or Mala Prohibita
- Wildlife Forensics and Investigation
- Right to Privacy on Social Networking Sites
- Options for Biological Terrorism Attacks and Epidemiological Responses
- The Impact of a Terrorist Act to the Inbound Tourism Study Case: How Bali Bombing Affects the Tourism in Bali
- Terrorist Activities of the Al Qaeda
- Law Enforcement, US Military, and Terrorism
- Is Government Surveillance a Violation of the Fourth Amendment
- Literary Analysis: "Some Moral Minima"
- The Patriot Act: An Integral Part of the Fight Against Terrorism
- Terrorism, Patriotism and the Farce of the Pledge of Allegiance
- Correlation Between the Attack on Pearl Harbor and the Attack September 11
- Solutions for Terrorism
- The Enviromental Affects on Terrorism
- Domestic Eco-Terrorism, PETA, ALF & ELF
- Which Terror Is Greater: Secular or Religious?
- President Bush's Response to September 11 and Islamic Radicalism
- Understanding Hamas: Violent Terrorism as Political Strategy
- Aftermath of 9/11; Congress Acts
- Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice Careers
- Effects of War on Children: Comparing Experiences of Children During the Holocaust and Children Affected by the War on Terrorism
- Security in a Post September 11th World
- Tactics of Terrorism and Preventive Ideas
- Effectiveness Of Australian Law And Terrorism Kyle Luker
- September 11 Attacks and Nationalist Terrorist Groups
- America's Part in Terrorism
- Biological Terrorism
- Terrorist Bombs In The U.s.
- Acts of Terrorism and Social Change in the United States
- Detaining Suspected Terrorists
- War on Drugs is a Domestic Problem
- Domestic American Terrorism
- Terrorism is a Means of Serving Political Goals
- Homegrown Terrorism
- War on Drugs = War on Terrorism???