The two cover letters on this page are for a dental hygienist and a dental assistant. Both applicants have professional work experience and are seeking employment in new dental clinics. Both cover letters have corresponding resumes on this website. The letters follow templates outlined in our step-by-step cover letter writing guide.
Build My Free Cover Letter Now >>
SEE ALSO > How to Write an Excellent Resume
Table of Contents:
- Dental Assistant
- Dental Hygienist
Dental Assistant Cover Letters
The cover letters below are based on the dental assistant resume on the left. The cover letter has been crafted to highlight the best achievements in the resume. In this letter, the candidate persuasively argues that he/she is the best candidate based on the job description written by the hiring manager.
Piece by piece, the applicant explains how his/her previous experience precisely matches the requirements set out by the hiring manager. Please click the images below to view the cover letter — we’ve displayed in in three different templates to show that there is room for creativity.
Click Here to Download Our
Dental Assistant CL Template Pack
[341 Company Address
Company City, State, xxxxx
Dear Mr./Ms./Mrs. [Hiring Manager’s Name],
Please accept my enclosed application for the position of dental assistant at [Clinic Name]. I noticed your job posting on [Website Name] and am happy to say that my 4+ years of dental assistant experience matches your clinic’s needs perfectly.
First and foremost, I possess a Dental Assistant Associate Degree earned from Trident Technical College in 2012. Furthermore, I was recently re-certified by the Dental Assisting National Board in 2015, so I am in fact a Certified Dental Assistant. In other words, you can rely on me to have the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as a full understanding of all safety and procedural guidelines that must be followed in a dental clinic.
I noticed in your job description that you are looking for a candidate that will require very little training and supervision. After gaining 4+ years of dental assisting experience, I can guarantee that I am completely familiar with the routines associated with patient care, record keeping, performing dental work, and handling scheduling, billing, insurance, and even doing inventory maintenance. I am prepared to immediately handle all assigned tasks competently and efficiently. Allow me to highlight three bullet points from my resume that I believe prove my point:
- Prepare 15 patients daily to undergo dental procedures, and assist dentist with sterilizing or disinfect instruments, setting up instrument trays, and preparing materials
- Take and record patient medical and dental histories and vital signs, and record treatment information in patient records with 100% accuracy
- Monitor dental supplies and equipment inventory and make orders, achieving 5% reduction in expenses by discovering new suppliers
I would love to have an opportunity to join the team at [Clinic Name]. I am looking forward to having a more detailed discussion with you about how I can join your team and help you achieve your goals.
Dental Hygienist Cover Letters
The cover letters below are based on the dental hygienist resume to the left. Writing a cover letter allows you to highlight the best parts of your resume and argue persuasively that your experience, skills, and abilities match the hiring manager’s requirements. You can follow the template that this cover letter sets out, and change it to match your own experience.
Click on the cover letters below to open them — they all contain the same information, but we wanted to show you how your information can be laid out in different ways. You can download any of these template for free and modify them as you wish.
Click Here to Download Our
Dental Hygienist CL Template Pack
[341 Company Address
Company City, State, xxxxx
Dear Mr./Mrs./Ms. (Manager’s Name),
I’m pleased to be writing to you today regarding my application for the dental hygienist position advertised on (Website Name). I believe my qualifications and professional experience make me an ideal candidate for this job. I have a passion for providing quality healthcare to patients, and educating them on the best dental practices.
After I received my Dental Assistant Certificate from Barry University, I was lucky enough to be hired as an entry-level assistant by APPLABS. There, I received first-rate training and was molded into an excellent dental professional. During my tenure at APPLABS, I developed the following abilities:
- Taking and developing x-rays, preparing and sterilizing equipment
- Processing impressions of patients’ teeth for study casts
- Teaching patients about appropriate oral hygiene strategies
- Assessing emergency situations and taking actions according to protocol
I believe a relationship with [Company Name] would be mutually beneficial, as I am seeking a challenging work environment where I can sharpen my skills to the fullest extent. I look forward to hearing from you, and would love to explain my background further during an interview.
Please find a detailed account of my work history in the attached resume. I appreciate your time and consideration.
Dentist Cover Letter
A dentist cover letter can be regarded as a multinational form between an applicant and an employer. The letter is an introductory document tells the reader about your capability and how well you fit in the job post. Many of the recruiters or employers have very little time and they usually scan the cover letter before reading the resume. Hence this is also one of the good ways to grab the attention of the employer.Avoid making your job application sound monotonous instead look out for new ideas to get the attention. Here some tips and ideas which can help you write an effective cover letter for data specialist.
- A resume may sound generic whereas the cover letter can be customized. This may be your only hope to get your resume read through. In your absence, the cover letter plays a dominating role and helps you obtain an interview call.
- Cover letter should target your application to the requirement which is listed in the job post. It should show that you are an ideal candidate for the post. List the relevant skills and experience you possess and show them that you are an ideal match for the company / organization.
- Make sure your letter does not look like a replica of your resume. It should expand your experience and highlight your important work experience and educational background.
- A simple and clear cover letter can help you get the much needed attention you deserve. It should be short and should not exceed more than three paragraphs.
- Personalize this letter by addressing the right person. Do not use a general addressing such as, "Whomsoever it may concern" or "Dear Hiring Manager".
- Proofread your letter and spell-check it to avoid any kind of errors. The letter should sound conversational and simultaneously get your point to the employer.
The sample cover letter for data specialist will give you a clear idea as how to write such letters.
Date: MM/ DD/ YYYY
Dear Mr. / Ms. (Employer's Last Name),
I strongly believe that I can be the right candidate for your job post. My experience and educational background rightly match your requirements for the job post you have listed. I was extremely excited to learn about the job post that you have posted in (mention the source of the job vacancy). Please find my enclosed resume with this letter. Currently I am working as junior dentist at (mention the name of your work place) since the past five years. Here I worked with patients and did routine checkups. I am aware of the latest technology used in dentistry such as the radiographic and study the computer-generated imaging equipment. I constantly aware my patients about the ill effects due to a bad oral hygiene. I am proficient in the different areas of dental assisting.
I would be glad if we can meet up for a personal interview wherein I can discuss about my accomplishment in detail and how I can be a great asset to your clinic. Please do call me at (insert contact details) or drop me an email if you have any queries related to this.
Thank you so much for your valuable time.
Enclosures: Resume and Work Experience Certificates.
This is one simple way of writing a dentist cover letter. This is a professional way to persuade an employer to know more about you and call you for an interview. This gives you an opportunity to show your competencies and help you write about your work history. Apart from this, the letter showcases your written communication skills as well.